Why Do You Need Professional Advice?

So you may have embarked on the exciting journey of looking into lodging a partner visa for yourself or your loved one. If this is you, I highly recommend that you get some professional advice before you start putting your application together. This does not necessarily mean you have to get a professional to represent you and to put the application together on your behalf, but at the very least, I highly recommend you speak to a professional and get some advice around the process and application first.

The reason I say this is because the partner visa is a bit different from many visas, for example, skilled migration, where there is a point system and certain boxes you need to tick to have sufficient points to get the visa granted. With the partner visa, the application is subjective and on a case to case basis. And the manner in which the case officers assess the application is discretionary, establishing whether a relationship is genuine and continuing is a discretionary assessment.

I know there is an overwhelming amount of information online however, many times with regards to a partner visa the information does not actually relate to your particular situation. This is due to the fact that as mentioned the partner visa is assessed on a case-to-case basis. Therefore, you may actually end up going off track if you follow irrelevant information online.

We have had multiple clients who come to us with a visa application halfway through or close to the end and when we speak to them we actually realize they were completely off track the entire time, simply because maybe they’ve looked online and applied certain things to their particular application which are irrelevant to their circumstance.

It is the equivalent of, for example, trying to google a diagnosis if you have pain in your side, and as you would know Google will usually tell you it is cancer or you are dying, or many times the worst-case scenario. Which is why it’s always good to go and speak to a doctor, right? Because that is their profession, that is their area of expertise and the doctor then makes a personalised assessment before proceeding to diagnose you. Half the time, it’s not as bad as we googled it to be.

So in the same manner before you lodge your partner visa, speak to a professional to ensure you are on the right track and ascertain if you meet all the necessary criteria as per the legislation and regulations. Then once you have a better and a sound understanding of what is required, you can either go ahead and lodge on your own or alternatively, get a professional to take it out of your hands and assist you by managing the entire application.

If this is something you would like us to help you with, give us a call. We would love to equip you with all the necessary knowledge required to start this exciting process and have you onboard to assist you with your application.

Contact Us


IMPORTANT: Please note, this does not constitute Immigration advice. Always seek advice from a Registered Migration Agent before applying for an Australian Visa. Migration Law is constantly changing. This information is accurate only at the time of publication.

  • Yassen says:

    My name is yassen , before I have questions about my partner viza ,now I am in Pakistan I need your help and my parent name is yariha, what should I have about my partner viza?? And sorry because I miss my appointment in zoom because I don’t know how can I contact with you in zoom, help me.
    Thank you

    • Emma Drynan MARN0960361 says:

      Hi Yassen, we have tried reaching out to you via email. Please expect a call from us tomorrow, April 29, Thursday.

  • Phala Sok says:

    please tell us when we’re eligible to apply for a permanent visa after we’re granted a partner visa subclass820?

    • Emma Drynan MARN0960361 says:

      Hi Phala, this is a great question! Have you lodged your Partner Visa Subclass 820 yet? And if so, have you been granted?
      Once granted, you are eligible to apply on the 2-year mark of the day you have lodged your subclass 820 visa.
      If you need further assistance assessing your application before you lodge it or even after you have lodged it, give us a call at 07 3063 1200.

  • About the Author Pearl Frankis MARN2015921

    Pearl is a lawyer and Freedom Migration's Business Development Manager. She's a Registered Migration Agent who studied law and has vast experience in the legal industry. Her expertise in Partner Visa's bloomed from her fondness of a good love story and desire to help people and make a difference in people's lives.